Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Summit is going bonzo over leaks for Breaking Dawn

So, the studio that is producing Breaking Dawn is having a hissy fit over the 'leaked' set photos of Breaking Dawn. Now, I'm all for respecting the producers, writers and actors, but people, please. I was excited to see the film before the photos surfaced, now, I'm going nuts. I can't hardly wait now! What the filmmakers don't seem to 'get' is the fact that we die-hard fans want to 'check in' on what they are doing, and make sure they are doing it right.


This book, the final novel in the incredibly popular Twilight Saga, is a hard one to film and even harder, I'm sure, to have with a PG-13 Rating. Now, I'm an adult and I'd love an R rating for the film. Haven't read the book? DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!


SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!SPOILERS!


The book tells of Bella and Edward's wedding, honeymoon, (vampire sex is violent, hot and utterly fabulous) and the unplanned, totally unexpected pregnancy that results. Bella loves being human because she loves being able to LOVE  Edward and doesn't mind staying human a bit longer so she can 'enjoy' him more. That all changes with her pregnancy. A pregnancy that is only three months long and extremely dangerous. She is carrying an unknown monster, remember. The birth of the half-vampire child is a horrible, bloody and extremely violent one that ends with Bella dying and becoming a vampire.

Reading the book was exciting, exhausting and rather frustrating, Frustrating not only because of the fact that the book was seemingly written for 12 year olds, but  because I felt like the filmmakers would cheat those of us who can deal with some smutty vampire lovin' and some blood. After seeing the 'leaked' photos, I'm not so worried anymore. I all but burst into flames at the photos of Bella and Edward on their honeymoon and from the photo I saw of Edward holding the bloody baby, it's really lookin' promising.

I have to admit: I have the pics. I didn't post them mainly due to the total hissy fit that Summit is throwing. Let me tell you all....the pics are AWESOME! Not only that, I found a site that had *sigh* a video of one of the love scenes. *sigh* I will also confess I watched it three times. LOL.

In my experience, most of these 'leaks' are posted by Hollywood insiders. Think about it. Who else would have them? Hmmm? Have you ever seen a link to a movie that's not out yet? Watched one? Well, if you did, you'd sometimes find that they are damn good copies, right? Well, who do you think posts those? You got it. Hollywood insiders who are most likely working on the film. There,see? They do it to themselves.

So, in closing, I'd like to tell Stephanie Meyer "Sorry, I love your work, love the Saga, but I won't stop hunting for spoilers and photos." and to the filmmakers, "Chill out dudes. It's great publicity and it's making people want to see it even more. I'm not sure I can stand to wait til November. The movie looks amazing!"

Keep checking this blog, I'll update it more often as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment