Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am a movie fan. I love film! I'm picky. I don't care for 'gang films' or 'art house films' but as a rule, I'm a film nut.

I've seen tons of movies. After the AFI (the American Film Institute) issued there 100 Greatest Films list, I started finding all the films on that list and watch them. Let me stress that I don't agree with the choices often.  "Midnight Cowboy" was horrid. I hated it. I thought the story was lousy, the acting worse and the whole idea in general a bad one. The AFI doesn't agree, but that is the way I feel.

Cult films are another type I usually enjoy. I love "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and think it's great fun. I love "Memento" due to it's unusual storytelling technique and ideas. It's well acted and well constructed. As for some other famous cult films, I'm still on the fence. Some I'll try to watch again just to see if I'm missing something the first time around. I'm usually willing to give a film a chance. One I will not see again is the John Waters (who, in general, I often like), film, "Pink Flamingos". It's so disgusting that I couldn't finish it. I had to shower after I attempted to watch it. I am very hard to offend, but this film totally offended me. I can't go into specifics, but let's just say that there is some violations of a chicken, eating poop and some other things that I can't/won't list. Yes, it is that bad.

Do I look down at someone for loving a certain film or type of film? No. To each his/her own, but I get  often made fun of and talked to like I'm an idiot over what films I love. Why? I don't know. Some people love kid-friendly films, others only love horror, some love romances and nothing else.I love all sorts of odd movies, little-seen hidden gems, commerical bombs and blockbuster hits. I love all sorts of films. I'll talk with you about films and film trivia all day. Just do not ever tell me or anyone else what you love is stupid or not worth watching.

My Favorite Films of All Time (as of 11-27-11)

The Wizard of Oz

Titanic

The Women (1939)

Something's Gotta Give

Gone With The Wind

The Sound of Music

The Bridges of Madison County

Like Water For Chocolate

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Walk The Line

Coal Miner's Daughter

The Godfather

The Godfather Part Two

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Swedish Film)

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Swedish Film)

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (Swedish Film)

The Exorcist

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

It's a Wonderful Life

Silence of the Lambs

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Avatar

Sex and the City

To Kill a Mockingbird

Suddenly, Last Summer



I am sure I have more, but those are some that spring to mind when I think of films I love.  In the comment section below, feel free to list your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment