Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

CSI Las Vegas

Anyone who knows me or knows of me is fully aware that I am a CSI nut. I love the show. I love the Grissom and Sara romance. And I love William Petersen. So, what am I ranting about? I'll tell you!
William Petersen left the show to perform in the theater in Chicago. Nothing wrong with that-it makes him happy.Does it make CSI fans happy? don't think so. The show went down the tubes since he left. Laurence Fishborne was brought in as a very poor replacement for our handsome/quirky/brilliant bugman and it is just not working. Jorja Fox, who left the show, came back as Mrs. Grissom without her husband. GSR fans were thrilled that Jorja was back, thrilled that their couple are FINALLY married, but confused as to why the hell Grissom and Sara would live in different countries. I emailed one of the producers/writers who I call friend and asked him what was what. He defended the whole idea, but I am just not buying into it. Why in the world would two people who fought their attraction for almost ten years, who almost lose each other when Sara was kidnapped and left for dead, who lost a coworker, who are madly in love live so far apart? Why? They really aren't giving us a good reason and I am just not interested in the show anymore.
Sure, Jorja Fox coming back helped for a bit, but Fishborne is so boring that when he's onscreen I tend to drift off, and everyone else looks lost and bored. The writing-which was once some of the best on TV, is now lazy and half-assed. So, you see, this is my rant.....IF YOU AREN'T GONNA DO IT RIGHT, WHY DON'T YOU STOP IT.
Let William Petersen come back and whisk his "Sara" off and let the GSRers know a geekbaby is coming, let Catherine find love, let Greg get is book on the best seller list, let Nick get married and let Brass find a love interest (I suggest Lady Heather), but end it on a high note.
Yes, I am missing Grissom and would watch it if he was back, but William Petersen his happy on the Chicago stage and I want him to be happy. That said, would it kill him to come to LA for a week to film a great CSI ending? Nope.
So, I'm taking a vacation from watching the show, but you can still check out my CSI/GSR website. I'm not messing with it much either, but we've got 374 members and many activites to keep you busy. Here is the link:

GSRForeverOnline.com

Until Grissom returns, I don't plan to watch. But, like I say on my GSR site, I'm keeping the faith.

5 comments:

  1. I'm just adding this comment to test it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the reason Keri has all the postings because I have trouble getting on these things. I really had a good thing written but it is out there in space floating around - maybe this one will work. I still watch CSI - don't especially like it but I watch - I feel I have to since I'm responsible for Keri watching it in the first place! What I don't get is they have made Langston the star of the lab but he is really the rookie. It's like the writers are forcing him down our throats - he is a good guy and likeable - just don't force us to love him like we do Billy. And the stories aren't the good old mysteries - they are really not very good plots. The only thing I really have enjoyed is Hodges and Wendy(?)Lord, I hope I got her name right!! I think Hodges is a hoot. I thought the show where they kidnapped their co- worker and found the dead body out is the desert was a hoot - Keri hated it. Please, out there, do not let it go out like ER did with people you didn't know or care about - have Billy come back and get Sara and everyone live happily ever after - don't go killing off any of the team - I like the idea of Brass and Lady Heather!! What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sad really, everything starts out great...then it flops. While we wait, I haven't been watching either. Come back Billy, save the show, and let the cast take a bow.

    ReplyDelete