Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Youtube

Hello there my friends. I'm ranting today about YouTube. I loved YouTube and I have around 30 videos posted there. That said, s many of mine have been disabled due to 'copyright infringement' and either have no sound or have been deleted. I have friends whose accounts have been deleted.

Now, I understand that artists and so on must make money for their songs, tv show/movie clips or whatever, but come on....these videos that fans like me make are harmless. We make no money from these videos, we do them for ourselves, our friends and fans of whatever show/movie/book that we like. I make CSI/GSR and Twilight Saga videos. I have never made money (darn it) from any of them. I love watching videos. They are sometimes better than the shows we are basing them on.

I've also discovered music artists I've never heard of because of these videos by fans. Linkin Park was totally unknown to me years ago until I saw a CSI video that used one of their songs. I am now a HUGE fan of theirs . That is merely an example. There are many more.

Because of the copyright thing that is messing up our videos, there video makers, like myself, who are having a hard time making videos. We worry that no matter what disclaimer we might add to it, our hard work will be deleted. So here is what I have to say:LEAVE OUR VIDEOS ALONE. LET US SHOW OUR LOVE FOR YOUR MUSIC/BOOK/MOVIE/TV SHOW AND HONOR IT. LET US BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!

To check out my videos that still work, you can visit YouTube and look up blondecharmedone.

No comments:

Post a Comment